Jewelry Care and Information
All jewelry material has a unique makeup.
Our jewelry is created using different high-quality materials for everyday wear. We focus on making hypoallergenic, waterproof, and tarnish resistant jewelry to be worn alone or layered at an affordable price. A protective coat is then applied to our pieces for extra durability.
- Gold filled jewelry contains 100x more gold than gold plated jewelry. Gold is adhered and chemically bonded to the metal and will not come off. It is long lasting and affordable alternative to solid gold. Gold filled is required by law to have at least 5% gold to be considered USA standard gold filled. Gold filled is one of the most tarnish resistant and durable jewelry processes for creating gold jewelry. It can be worn all day, everyday. Our gold filled components can be lived in. Please note: gold filled jewelry is NOT 100% tarnish resistant and longevity of the pieces depends on the individuals lifestyle.
- Care: Gold filled jewelry should avoid any exposure to chemicals - lotions, perfume, hairspray, shampoos, chlorine, or any items containing sulfur. We suggest cleaning your pieces by buffing off the day with a microfiber cloth and store it in a dry concealed container.
- Gold Vermeil is a base of 925 sterling silver with a thick layer of real gold. Not to be confused with gold plating because gold vermeil is required to have at least 2.5 microns and last much longer. Gold vermeil is still great for sensitive skin but it is not as water proof and shouldn't spend much time being exposed to moisture. Gold Vermeil is still great quality but does need some extra love.
- Care: We suggest taking off before exercising or showering. Gold Vermeil should never be in contact with chemicals. Also, clean your pieces by gently wiping off the day with a microfiber cloth and store it in a dry concealed container.
- Solid gold is a precious metal. Gold is measured in Karats. The karats are a mix of gold and alloy. Depending on the karat grade of the gold with reflect the tone of it. The most durable and long lasting of all our pieces. It is perfect for on the go and never have to take off. It scratches less and doesn't wear out. It will last a lifetime. As you can see, it is just the best.
- Care: We suggest scrubbing lightly using a mild detergent with a toothbrush, warm water, and pat dry with microfiber cloth.
- Sterling silver is a precious metal. It is the OG in fine jewelry. It consist of 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. The copper in the silver can cause it to tarnish but it can be removed and restored to its original beauty. Jewelry made in sterling silver is high quality and long lasting metal that can be passed down for generations. A protective coat is then applied to our pieces for extra durability.
- Care: Dry silver is happy silver. We suggest avoiding water because over time it will oxidize. Some water is okay but never store away wet silver. Always wipe dry before storing. The oils in your skin help keep sterling silver from oxidizing faster. So perfect to wear often. Store in a dry and concealed pouch.
- Rhodium is a rare precious metal that is in the platinum family. It is a silvery-white and corrosion-resistant metal. It offers the best shine and give a nice reflective appearance.
- Care: Rhodium Plate jewelry should avoid any exposure to chemicals - lotions, perfume, hairspray, shampoos, or chlorine. We suggest cleaning your pieces by soaking 1/3 water and light detergent soap for no more than 10 minutes and to dry pieces softly with 100% cotton towel.
- Gold plating is one of the most popular techniques in the jewelry world. It doesn't last as long as the above mentioned jewelry and will eventually tarnish, but can last a really long time if you take proper care of it. You will find items that are gold plated on our site because we loved the design so much and wanted to bring it to you at an affordable price. We make sure all our gold plating is extra dipped so extra durable. Gold plating is still more durable than fashion jewelry purchased at popular department stores. We offer around 2% of gold plated pieces.
- Care: We suggest taking off before exercising, showering, or sleeping. Also, clean your pieces everyday by gently wiping off the day with a cloth and store it in a dry concealed container.
- A few of our pieces have gemstones in them. We use natural and real gemstones and pearls. You can find opal, moonstone, turquoise, etc. on our site. They are consider precious and semi precious and should be handled with care. If not cared for they can pop off jewelry.
- Care: We suggest taking off before exercising, showering, or sleeping. Also, clean your pieces everyday by gently wiping off the day with a cloth and store it in a dry concealed container. Pearls should never be submerged in water due to their drilled core and can soak in the water. If needed can use a mild detergent and warm water can be used for cleaning. Please don't soak.
To best care for your piece, the best route is to remove all pieces each day and wipe down softly with a microfiber cloth. We suggest removing all jewelry pieces while showering, swimming, and exercising. You can wear your pieces while working out but should rinse with fresh water to avoid any build up. Also, please always avoid any and all contact with perfumes, lotions, hair products, chlorine or cleaning chemicals as they can increase the wear and tear. Chemicals reacts with the base metal and may cause your jewelry to tarnish or lose its luster. Do not use harsh cleaners, such as bleach, oil, jewelry cleaners as this can be to harsh and affect the finish.
To clean - use warm water and detergent-free soap with a soft bristle brush and pat dry with a microfiber cloth. We suggest doing this on a weekly bases. Finish cleanings with a microfiber clothes that impregnated in a polishing solution. (ted. clothes coming soon!)
It is imperative to properly store your jewels. Our recommendation is to store all your jewelry in the complimentary pouch it is shipped in or in a concealed jewelry box in a dry area. Please never keep jewelry in moisturized rooms, such as bathrooms.
JEWELRY POLISHING SERVICE:
If you have a couple of pieces that are looking dull or need a good polish, we offer a polishing service! Customers are responsible for paying the shipping cost & $5 polish fee. Email to schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
The best way to prolong the life of your pieces is with proper care.
*ted. is not responsible for natural wear, improper care or maintenance of jewelry. We do not offer warranties.